Monday, April 22, 2019

Music

House Music:
For this category the artist Frankie Knuckles caught my attention.  He is known for being an American DJ and a record producer. He had an important role in developing house music and making it popular in Chicago. He has the nickname "the god father of house music" according to the Rolling Stones. I chose him because his music has should and makes you want to get up and dance. His music relates back to technology because his music has a very techno vibe to it. For example is song called 'Your Love': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl6uliNCkUU

Punk Music:
I chose the band blink 182 because I enjoy there music most of the time. They are an American rock band their early albums like Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch are considered to be skate punk and rock punk. The theme of their lyrics constantly involve: love, family, friends, and relationships. I don't really think this particular group relates to technology in a strong way, but you could say without the amps for their guitars they would have a completely different sound. 'All the Small Things' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ht5RZpzPqw

90's Music:
The music in the 90's was known for having high speed collisions of different beats. For this era I chose the artist Brittney Spears because her music back then depended on beats made with technology. 'Sometimes': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0bPrt69rag

Girl Power Music:
I chose the artist Shania Twain for this category because she is well known for her song 'Man I Feel Like a Woman'. The lyrics of this song are all about empowering women to go out and have fun. Shania says, "That song started with the title, then it kind of wrote itself. The whole expression is a celebration of being a woman these days, I think we're kind of spoiled in a lot of ways, with the advantages we have. Feminists may not feel that way, but I do. It's pretty darn fun to be a woman". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJL4UGSbeFg

Electronic Music:
Diplo is an American DJ known for either remixing songs with a techno beat behind them or making his own dance music. I chose him because I like to listen to his music when I work out or am out with my friends. His music relates back to technology because without his DJ equipment he wouldn't be known for his techno style. 'Be Right There': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIJ5XvZeb-k

1 comment:

  1. Informative! I'm a fan of both Blink 182 and Britney Spears. Shania Twain is good as well. Did a great job on putting artists in other categories

    ReplyDelete