Thursday, April 11, 2019

performance art

For this project we were asked to do a performance art in public. At first, I struggled with this idea because I didn't know what to do and I also did not want to make a fool out of myself in public. One day in class we were discussing what everyone was doing for their projects. I told my Professor that I had not a clue what to do, another girl, Brooke mentioned that she also did not know what to do. Our professor said that we could work together on the project and one of our classmates gave us an idea of what to do since she was no longer using.
We decided to get a white poster board and write down things most people hate about technology. For example, that it glitches, when the wifi doesn't work, the negative impact it has on people, and how it can lower ones self esteem. We then got water balloons and food coloring, we filled the balloons up with colored water and out them in a bowl. We decided to lay the poster down by a walkway in my apartment complex hoping that people would get the idea to throw the water balloons at the poster and get their anger out about technology.
I set my phone up on the ground where it wouldn't be noticeable and then Brooke and myself took step back and sat on a stair way and waited for people to come. Luckily, a group of girls just parked their car and came across the poster. It looks like they had fun throwing the water balloons to say the least. Once all the water balloons were popped a cool tie dye effect happened on the poster.
here is a time-lapse we took! https://youtu.be/qPvePE9vszc

1 comment:

  1. I really like your idea its a fun way to get people involved. The only bad thing is its hard to see which one got hit the most, but it still is cool.

    ReplyDelete